Partner Visa (Subclass 820/801) (Onshore)

This visa lets a permanent resident or Australian citizen sponsor a partner to live and stay in Australia. This visa is applied for onshore. The 820 visa is temporary and must be lodged first. A bridging visa WA with work rights will be issued by immigration while the client waits for the decision. This visa class is complex and requires a large amount of evidence.

In some instances where Immigration can see you have substantial evidence of years living together and have met all criteria, you may automatically be granted Permanent Residency (801). In most cases, you will need to lodge the 801 visa separately. You are eligible to apply for the second stage 801 permanent visa two years after the date you apply for your 820 visa.

Back to Visas for Australia