Partner Visa (Subclass 309/100) (Offshore)

This visa lets a permanent resident or Australian citizen sponsor a partner to come to Australia and live here. This visa is applied for and decided while you are outside of Australia. The 309 visa is temporary and must be lodged first. Once the visa has been granted, you are able to come into Australia to be with your partner.

In some instances where Immigration can see you have substantial evidence of years living together and have met all criteria, you may automatically be granted Permanent Residency (100). In most cases, you will need to lodge the 100 visa separately. You are eligible to apply for the second stage 100 permanent visa two years after the date you apply for your 309 visa.

Back to Visas for Australia