Let us help you put in the very best expression of interest in order to get Immigration to invite you to lodge a visa application.
GENERAL SKILLED VISA
Australia’s Skilled Migration program seeks to encourage young, motivated and highly skilled people to Australia with the anticipation that all successful applicants will contribute to strengthening and widening Australia’s skilled workforce and in turn contribute to the Australian economy.
· AGE - You must be under 50 years at the time of making the application;
· ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY - You must have sufficient ability in the English language for working in Australia. This is known as ‘vocational English’. In some instances a higher level of English may be required depending on your specific Skill. You get 10 additional points if you score 7.0 on IELTS and 20 if you score 8.0 on IELTS.
· SKILLS - You must be qualified in a trade or a profession that is recognized as a skilled occupation in Australia and have that trade or profession successfully assessed with the relevant Australian assessing authority.
You need to reach the pass mark of 60 points. You obtain points for Age, years of work experience, degree or skills approval, English test results, State sponsorship in the visa class 489 or 189, partner points, regional study, Australian Study.
In some instances where formal qualifications have not been obtained, extensive training and work experience for 6 years or more in a skilled occupation may be adequate, this work experience will also have to be assessed by the relevant assessing authority.
**WORK EXPERIENCE - You must have at least 12 months of recent work experience (recent meaning in the past 18 months) relating to your formal trade or professional qualification.
**SPECIAL WORK EXPERIENCE WAIVER - In most circumstances, you do not need to meet the work experience requirement if you have received an Australian formal qualification in a skilled occupation as the result of completing at least 2-years of full time study in Australia less than 6 months before lodging your visa application.
Basic Requirements, other factors that may contribute to the success of your application include:
· If you have a relative (parent, brother, sister, niece, nephew, aunt, uncle, first cousin or grandparent) who is an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and is willing to sponsor you.
· If you have 3 or more years of recent (recent meaning in the past 4 years) work experience in your nominated occupation.
· If your occupation is of high demand in Australia. Occupations in high demand in Australia include:
- Chemical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Computing Professional – specialising in CISSP
- Computing Professional – specialising in E-commerce Security (non-programming)
- Computing Professional – specialising in Network Security
- Computing Professional – specialising in SAP
- Computing Professional – specialising in SIEBEL
- Dental Specialist
- Emergency Medicine Specialist
- General Medical Practitioner
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Medical Diagnostic Radiographer
- Mining Engineer (excluding Petroleum)
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Petroleum Engineer
- Radiation Therapist
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Registered Midwife
- Registered Nurse
- Retail Pharmacist
- Specialist Medical Practitioners (not elsewhere classified)
- Specialist Physician
- Speech Pathologist
- Chef (excluding Commis Chef)
- Automotive Electrician
- Boat Builder and Repairer
- Carpenter and Joiner
- Electrical Powerline Tradesperson
- Electrician (Special Class)
- Electronic Equipment Tradesperson
- Fibrous Plasterer
- Flat Glass Tradesperson
- Floor Finisher
- Furniture Upholsterer
- General Electrician
- General Electronic Instrument-Tradesperson
- General Plumber
- Lift Mechanic
- Mechanical Services and Air-conditioning Plumber
- Metal Fabricator (Boilermaker)
- Metal Machinist (First Class)
- Motor Mechanic
- Panel Beater
- Pastry Cook
- Pressure Welder
- Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanic
- Roof Plumber
- Roof Slater and Tiler
- Solid Plasterer
- Sheetmetal Worker (First Class)
- Vehicle Body Maker
- Vehicle Painter
- Wall and Floor Tiler
Welder (First Class)
· If you have obtained a high level Australian qualification.
· If you studied and obtain your Australian qualification in a regional or low population growth Metropolitan area of Australia.
· If your spouse has formal qualifications/work experience.
· If you have the ability to invest a minimum of $100,000AUD for a 12 month period with the Australian Government.
· If you have worked legally in Australia for at least 6 months in the past 4 years.
· If you have a *professional level of language skills in another language other than English.
(*Professional meaning that you are the holder of a degree that was conducted in a designated language or you are a level 3 professional translator or interpreter)